Send us quick enquiry with no obligation and no cost to you
No obligation enquiry
Rent a boat for best sailing holidays
Turkey is a country that acts like a bridge between Asia
and Europe. About 95% of its surface is located
in historical region of Anatolia (Asia Minor)
and around 5% on Balkan Peninsula.
Turkey is a maritime country and there are three seas that surround its territory – Black Sea in the north, Aegean Sea in the west and Mediterranean Sea in the south.
- Inland: continental climate
- Eeastern and southern coasts: Mediterranean climate
Requirements for bareboat charter
Good to know:
- Skipper - previous skippering experience aboard yachts of a similar size to that being chartered
- You need: RYA (Royal Yachting Association of United Kingdom) qualification or the ICC (International Certificate of Competence) qualification
- The Harbor Master will not issue a transit log without seeing a copy of the skipper license. In all cases original certificates should be taken with you.
- For motorboat charter you will need at least 2 years of experience of handling a motor yacht and a minimum qualification of ICC or RYA for Bareboat Charter
Top boats in Turkey
Catamaran sailing in Turkey
- Best destinations: Aegean coast and Sea of Marmara
- For adventures: Dardanelles - but keep an eye on the traffic
- Istanbul: Marinas on Bosphorus: Marinturk Istanbul City Marina, Kalamış & Fenerbahçe Marina, Ataköy Marina and West Istanbul Marina
Istanbul and Sea of Marmara, the unknown pleasures of Black Sea, strong sailing winds of Aegean Sea or beauties of the Mediterranean.
The Turkish spots for sailing is Turkish Riviera - coastline from Çeşme near İzmir on Aegean Sea to Alanya area on the shores of Mediterranean Sea.
- To visit: beaches in Kemer or Çeşme, yachting paradises in Bodrum, Antalya, Marmaris and Fethiye
- Location: Aegean Sea
- Top sailing destination
- Home of one of the Seven wonders of Ancient World - town of Tomb of Mausolus
- Location: Aegean region but lies on the shores of Mediterranean Sea
- Beaches: Ölüdeniz Beach
- For rent: great choice of gullets, sailboats and catamarans
- 2 big marinas: popular wintering location for cruising boaters
- Airport: Dalaman Airport
- Modern tourist center
- To visit: Heaven Island and Nimara cave
Top boats in Turkey
Get 10% off for first booking!
Enter your name and email and we'll send you an exclusive code